Friday, June 29, 2012

Day Five - Random Thoughts and Photos

No big theme today. Here goes:

The Limerick Pub. It has a nice ring to it...
I haven't seen a single traffic control device anywhere in San Miguel Allende. Somehow this seems to work.

Every time you step off the curb, traffic stops and waves you on.

I found an Irish pub.

Stephanie is feeling a little better. I know this because she shopped today.

I heard a Mexican guitar player singing Billy Joel's "Piano Man." This was on the way to the large indoor mercado and the giant artist mercado next door.

Road work in San Miguel.
There doesn't appear to be any heavy equipment involved in road repair. Not only are all of the stones replaced by hand, the workers are wearing heavy clothing in 70 - 80 degree morning temperatures.

Stephanie and I took a cooking class last night. It was a lot of fun. It was a bit better for me because I could eat the food--Stephanie was still a bit refractory from her intestinal issues.

If you hear it anywhere else, I did get into a taxi and ask, "How much cheese?" instead of "How much does this cost?"

I spent a bit of time each of the last few mornings trying to figure out how to photograph a beautiful scalloped yellow wall and the colorful buildings behind it. It has been a challenge because there are trees about 20 feet from the wall with benches along the wall every 40 feet. This limits my angles. While I was drawn to the colors, I also found a silhouette of the wall which is an interesting alternative.

I am placing three images of the wall on the blog.  Which do you like best?












No comments:

Post a Comment