Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hunger!

At approximately 6PM tonight... I FELT HUNGRY!!  And my stomach was not cramping.  And I ATE!  For most people this is not a big deal but after 4 days of painful cramping and not being able to eat anything or even feeling the faintest bit hungry... this was a relief.  I will spare you the rest of the details.

Juarez Park Playground
Today we walked around and just hung out with the locals.  We went to Parque de Juarez where there is a playground, basketball courts, and walking paths.  The girls just played around and then watched the boys playing basketball.  After a while, we andered back to the Jardin, got ice cream and sat to watch a mariachi band, boys break dancing and lots of people watching.    When you sit in the Jardin, many people come up to try and sell you things- young children selling chiclets, old beggar women asking for money, men with tourist paraphernalia and what have you.  "No gracias" and "No lo siento" have become very habitual.
Sarah and Margo watching breakdancing
 boys in el jardín

We wandered the streets and took a lot of photos.  The angles of the sun on the colors of the houses etc. are so beautiful!  I have added more photos to my FB Album if you want to see them all.  It takes forever to upload photos on the Internet.  We are 1/2 way through our vacation.  And while I will never admit it to Dan... I would have hated to only have been here for 1 week and had to leave tomorrow.  We have plenty more adventures to take and make...

Hasta Luego!


1 comment: